Welcome to the Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society.
Australian Orthopaedic Foot
& Ankle Society (AOFAS) is a medical specialty society comprised of more
than 60 orthopaedic surgeons (from Australia and abroad who specialise in the
treatment of patients with foot and ankle related injuries or diseases.
Members of AOFAS are
experienced and accredited graduates (residency training) in orthopaedic
surgery. Most members also have an additional year of advanced fellowship
training in the care of the foot and ankle. Our surgeons also hold membership
in the Australian Orthopaedic Association.
Apart from foot and ankle
treatment, AOFAS also aims to promote the study and research in the field of
Orthopaedic foot & ankle society. We also create awareness among people on
how to protect their foot and ankle.
Our foot and ankle clinics
are also located in Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth
To find an orthopaedic
surgeon near you Click here.
The purposes of the Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society include:
- Encouraging the innovation and improvement of orthopaedic medicine and surgery, with a focus on specialized training and disciplines
- Promoting the education, instruction, and teaching of both trainees and fellows in the field of orthopaedic medicine
- Fostering the scientific, clinical, and integrative research regarding orthopaedic surgery and care both within and outside of Australia
- Connecting orthopaedic professionals with fellow colleagues and experts across various fields with an emphasis on annual meetings to discuss innovations and groundbreaking endeavours
- Providing contemporary information and resources pertaining to orthopaedic care for members of the public, including surgeons and doctors available to prospective patients
All members of the Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society are medically trained professionals registered and regulated by the Medical Board of Australia.
With extensive educational and experiential backgrounds in all aspects of orthopaedic medicine and surgery, our members are exposed to broad medical, as well as surgical studies, practices, and research. Members of theAustralian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society have completed four years of Undergraduate studies in medicine and surgery, including internships and residencies More...