The Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society is a progressive, open-minded and vibrant organization dedicated to providing its Members with support regarding research, education, training, and the development of new techniques, among other goals. Created to accommodate the growing need and necessity of a new kind of society, the Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society focuses on the ever-evolving innovations and improvements upon surgical techniques, with an emphasis on specialized training in foot and ankle-related issues.
Our Members continuously seek further education and training on these contemporary techniques to ensure patients receive the highest-quality treatment, helping to modify and improve upon the approaches towards the management of foot and ankle care. Today, Members of the Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society focus on various specializations and can be found working in multidisciplinary roles which allow them to help patients whilst contributing to the positive, necessary evolvement of foot and ankle surgery.
With its range of resources and versatile group of professional Members, the Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society provides prospective patients with information regarding medically-trained doctors and surgeons who are available to help patients with a variety of treatments and/or procedures. To find an orthopaedic specialist, click here (link to the page where patients can find doctors). Orthopaedic professionals interested in becoming a Member of the Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society can read more about membership here (link to the membership page), where they will find information about being a Member as well as the membership application.
Why Choose Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
Members of our medical society encompass a wide range of specializations, disciplines, and areas of focus pertaining to orthopaedic surgery and medicine. Their careers in the field of orthopaedics comprise broad training in principles of orthopaedic surgery as well as the management of foot and ankle conditions, with a majority of our members focusing exclusively on ailments of the foot and ankle. Held to the same standards as other medical professionals and doctors across all fields, Members of the Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society are trained by and work with experts from various organizations (such as the RACS and the AOA), gaining educational as well as technical exposure to a plethora of conditions, diseases, illnesses, and maladies which effect their patients’ overall orthopaedic health.Through ongoing education and training, Members are further certified in orthopaedic care and constantly work to cultivate their knowledge, skills, and techniques for consistent improvement. In addition to their skills and training, our Members:
- Have and continue to undergo extensive training in orthopaedic surgery and techniques
- Obtain considerable education, both during their Undergraduate and Post-Graduate studies in foot and ankle care, including internships, residencies, and fellowships
- Gain exposure to a wide range of medical and surgical areas of specialization not just limited to orthopaedics or podiatry
- Are held and adhere to the same standards and protocols as other medically-trained professionals in Australia
- Continue to demonstrate mastery of skill, knowledge, and technique in both orthopaedic surgery as well as foot and ankle care
Patients who receive treatment from Members of the Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society are provided with care from professional, medically-trained and certified orthopaedic doctors with extensive educational and technical backgrounds in the principles of surgical care, foot and ankle pathology, treatment of conditions and diseases, and more. Benefits of treatment from a Member of the Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society include:
- Treatment provided by a medically-trained doctor recognized by the MBA (Medical Board of Australia), RACS (Royal Australian College of Surgeons), AOA (Australian Orthopaedic Association), and the Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society
- Access to other medical professionals and treatment from medically-trained doctors in closely-related fields for optimal care
- Treatment covered under the MBS (Medicare Benefits Schedule) which allows for government rebates as well as health funds for both the public and private sectors
Our Members adhere to the same standards, protocols, and high levels of expertise as medical professionals across all other fields and practices in Australia, and focus their careers on helping patients with a range of orthopaedic-related health concerns, including (but not limited to):
- Sports-related injuries to the foot and/or ankle
- Disease and/or illness-related issues, including loss of tissue, muscle, or function
- Serious injuries such as amputations, torn ligaments, breaks, fractures, sprains and dislocations
- Infections of bones, tendons, muscles or joints
- Nerve disorders and congenital deformaties
- Degeneration of bones or tissue
- Issues of pain and discomfort
Australian Orthopaedic Foot & Ankle Society provides current and prospective patients access to information and resources regarding our Members and helps patients source and choose the right medical professional for their orthopaedic-related needs.